Table of Contents
Modern and Stylish Resume Templates
As the name implies, this template features an up-to-date look thanks to its minimalist design, sleek fonts and intelligent spacing.
Give your resume a unique look with this design, which utilizes box graphics for headings and a prominent header space to showcase the job applicant’s name.
A prominent header, clean dividing lines, and strong fonts project confidence and competence in this classy template.
This layout gives the standard professional resume a fresh spin, featuring a mix of colors for the header, along with crisp fonts and spacing.
The sharp graphics and monogram header of this design provide visual interest, even as it organizes your information in easy-to-scan fashion.
Show off some flair with this design, which offers customizable color accents and a solid black header.
Add some color to your presentation using this layout, which features a colorful header, elegant fonts and clear dividing lines between sections.
This unique design guides hiring managers from one “point” to another. The bold fonts and left-justified text differentiates it from more traditional templates.
You’re the right candidate and this template shows it with the three-toned sections, capitalized headers, and space for your information to breathe.
See what job seekers are saying about
our excellent builder
Modern Resume Examples by Industry
Modern resume templates are a perfect fit for jobs that live on the cutting edge, reward flexibility, and seek innovation. Below are some resume examples for appropriate industries to use as a guide for your resume.
REAL ESTATE CAREER
No need for fancy fonts or layouts here — show that you’re on top of your management game by using this classy design, which uses judicious spacing and clean fonts to get the job done.
Real Estate Agent:
Present yourself as a reliable, efficient agent with this crisp layout. A strong color header at the top will ensure that clients won’t forget your name, while the rest of your document is easily customizable for skills and work history.
The elegant fonts, subtly shaded headings and clean design of this template will help portray you as an employee who’s both efficient and stylish — perfect for a job that requires you to be part-facilitator, part-salesperson.
COMPUTER SOFTWARE CAREER
Show that you’re capable and organized with this template, which features strong fonts and a flexible dual-column approach that allows plenty of room for your skills, topped off with a simple but effective header.
With headings arranged in the left margin, this design presents your credentials in a crisp, clear manner. The monogram box for the job applicant’s name adds an extra touch of class.
Just as you’re expected to be accurate and efficient as a Java developer, show off your organized, efficient side with this layout, which features a shaded header that sets it apart from standard resumes.
When Should You Use a Modern Resume Template?
A modern resume template is best for:
- Industries and jobs where you need to be informed on current trends and remain on top of the game, like tech. A modern template visually demonstrates you’re up-to-date with the latest styles in your profession.
- Candidates who want to show a level of professionalism while still standing out from more conservative resume designs. These layouts give your resume more personality and catch a recruiter’s eye faster than a standard black-and-white resume
- Those who love customizing their documents. Our modern templates not only come in many styles and layouts, but they’re also customizable — you can change the colors, fonts and rearrange sections.
A modern resume template may not be best for:
- Some job fields, like law, human resources, finance and accounting. Certain industries might prefer a more conservative approach. In these cases, you might want to consider a more straightforward, professional template.
- All resume formats. Make sure that the template you choose works for your years of experience. For example, one template might work great with a chronological format but not work so well for a functional format. To erase any doubt, use our Resume Builder — we will guide you through everything and help you put together the right resume.
- More “out of the box” or creative jobs. Some industries look for more personality in their resumes, like the arts, entertainment, graphic and web design, and marketing. In those cases, we recommend that you check out more creative resume templates.
Do’s and Don’ts of a Modern Resume Templates
- Use quantifiable metrics to demonstrate your achievements better. Instead of writing “Developed websites for clients,” it sounds much more impressive to write: “Developed websites for nine clients in four months.”
- Customize your resume for different job opportunities and include relevant experiences and skills. When you incorporate keywords found in the job posting, such as a specific skill or an attribute, you will look more suitable for the job.
- Include professional social media profiles, like your LinkedIn handle or a portfolio link, if applicable to the job you’re applying for. Sixty percent of recruiters say social media is important to their strategy, so including yours will help you appear more up-to-date with modern practices.
- Go wild on design or use a font that’s difficult to read — you don’t want to turn off hiring managers. It’s best to use fonts like Times New Roman, Arial or Helvetica.
- Mention personal information, like your nationality, date of birth, religious beliefs or political affiliation. It isn’t relevant to the job and it will steer attention away from what’s important — your professional skills and experience.
- Rush to submit your resume before proofreading. Make sure there are no grammatical or spelling mistakes because recruiters are less likely to interview candidates with a resume that isn’t written correctly. Our Resume Builder has a spell-checking tool that marks out any errors in your resume and helps you fix them.